Surveys in TIEIT is an extension of the Forms module, and are used for gaining feedback on products and services.
This guide will go over the following topics:
- 1.0 Types of Surveys
- 2.0 How to Create a Survey
- 3.0 How to Edit a Survey
- 4.0 How to Preview a Survey
1.0 Types of Surveys
Four types of Surveys can be created in TIEIT:
More information on each Survey type:
The polar survey asks the user to answer a Yes or No question. The question can be modified.
1.2 Customer Satisfaction (CSAT)
The Customer Satisfaction Survey lets users select between three different levels. The question and the images shown can be modified.
1.3 Customer Effort Score (CES)
The Customer Effort Score lets users select between 9 options, ranging from Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree.
1.4 Net Promoter Score (NPS)
The Net Promoter Score lets users submit a rating from 1-10.
📌 Please Note: The additional fields shown after the survey question can be modified in the Survey Form Editor.
To create a survey, follow the steps listed below:
2.0 How to Create a Survey
- Click on the Forms icon on the left side of the page.
📌 Please note: If there isn't an option for the Forms, it means that the module hasn't been activated in the TIEIT account. To add the Forms module, please contact us at email@example.com
- Click on the green + FORM button.
- Name the Survey in the Name your Form field. Click the Survey dropdown, and select the type of Survey to create.
When selecting the Survey type in the dropdown, a sample will appear at the bottom of the dialog box.
📌 Please note: If there isn't an option to select Survey as a Form type, it means that the module hasn't been activated in the TIEIT account. To add the Survey option, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the Survey has been created, you will be redirected to the Survey Form Editor. To customize the survey, follow the steps below:
3.0 How to Edit a Survey
3.1 Selected Survey Fields
The right panel is the Selected Form Fields. All fields listed here will be accessible in the live Survey.
By default, the Survey field will be preselected.
3.2 Adding Additional Form Fields
On the left side of the Survey Form Editor are the available form fields that can be added.
All Survey types can include additional fields form the Forms module. This includes Contact Fields, Company Fields, Custom Fields and Advanced Fields.
To view the available Custom Fields in the Survey Form Editor, select the Custom Fields link in the Survey Fields section, as shown in the image below:
📌 Please Note: For more information on different Form field types, refer to our article: How to Create and Edit Forms
Fields can be added to the Survey by dragging them to the Selected Form Fields on the right.
Grayed-out fields with the 🚫 symbol are already on the Survey, and cannot be added again.
3.3 How to Rearrange Survey Form fields
Click and drag a field to the desired location by placing it above, below or in between other fields. The position of the fields will be in the same order for the published version.
3.4 How to Remove Fields
Mouse-over the field and select the bin icon.
3.5 How to Edit Survey Fields
There are additional options for each type of Survey Field. To access these options, follow the steps below:
- Mouse-over the field and select the pen icon.
- A window will appear with all the options for the selected Survey Field. When the desired modifications are complete, click the blue SAVE button.
For more information on how to use the Survey Field Settings, please see the instructions below:
3.5.1 How to use the Survey Field Settings
- Label is the title that will appear in the form above the input field. It can be a question or an input request.
- Make This Field Required won't allow the user to submit the form unless that field has been completed.
- Placeholder text will appear in a text entry field.
- Internal Name is how TIEIT will organize the information. In most cases, this will not require modifications.
- Manage Options is where the Survey field appearance can be modified. The available options will change depending on the type of Survey.
- Cancel will exit the settings and return them to their previous state.
- Save will save the applied changes.
4.0 How to Preview a Survey
To Preview a Survey in the Survey Form Editor, click the PREVIEW button at the bottom of the page.
Clicking the Preview button opens a new page with a full functioning preview of the Survey. Entering the fields and submitting the preview form will work the same way as if embedded on a website.
📌 Please Note: Submissions on the preview will be added to your TIEIT account.