This guide will go over the following topics:
- 1.0 What does HelloSign integration do in TIEIT
- 2.0 Connecting HelloSign to a TIEIT account
- 3.0 Embedded and Non-Embedded Requests
- 4.0 Sending an Agreement via Email
- 5.0 Agreement Status and Completed Agreements
1.0 What does HelloSign integration do in TIEIT
HelloSign is an online service that allows users to create and sign documents with legally binding e-signatures. For more information about HelloSign and its services, please visit the HelloSign website.
By connecting a HelloSign account to TIEIT, users can send Estimates with contractional agreements. Recipients of the Estimate can review and digitally sign the agreement. After the agreement is signed, the recipient can proceed to pay the invoice.
For additional customization, users can create templates in the HelloSign interface. For more information on HelloSign templates, please refer to their knowledge base article: How to create a template.
📌 Please note: A HelloSign account is required for TIEIT integration.
2.0 Connecting HelloSign to a TIEIT account
To connect a HelloSign account to TIEIT, please follow the steps below:
- In the TIEIT Settings, and goto the Connections page.
- Click the green Login with HelloSign button.
- There will be an Allow Access request, select Accept.
- The Connections page will show the account is connected with HelloSign.
3.0 Embedded and Non-Embedded Requests
There are two ways of initiating a signature request: embedded and non-embedded.
3.1 Embedded Signing
With the embedded signing, recipients sign on your estimate instead of being redirected to HelloSign.com. For embedded signing, signers don't require a HelloSign account.
📌 Please note: Embedded Requests are only available for users on the HelloSign's Gold Plan or higher.
3.2 Non-Embedded Signing
With the non-embedded signing, recipients are redirected to the HelloSign website to sign the document.
📌 Please note: We recommend Embedded Signing for a more seamless experience.
3.3 How to enable Embedded Requests
- In the TIEIT Settings, go to the Connections page.
- In the HelloSign section, set the Embedded Request checkmark to On.
To send an Embedded Request, follow the steps below:
4.0 Sending an Agreement via Email
- Go to the Transactions module, and select Estimates at the top menu.
- Select an existing estimate, or create a new one by selecting the green +Estimate button at the top-right.
- Complete the required fields with products/services.
- At the bottom-right of the page, select the Arrow dropdown button next to the green Save and Close button.
- Select Save and Send.
- A Compose Email dialog box will appear with the link to view the estimate in the message body.
- Click the Attach Agreement button at the bottom of the compose window.
- At the top-right, click to Select E-Sign Template and choose the desired document template.
- At the bottom-left, you can choose to Send or Save as Draft by clicking the blue arrow next to the Send button.
5.0 Agreement Status and Completed Agreements
There are three different Estimate agreement statuses: Draft, Sent and Viewed. The status can be seen on the Estimates page next to the Estimate name, as shown in the image below:
The Estimate status is shown when viewing the document in the top-right corner, as shown in the image below:
Once the recipient approves an estimate, the estimate will be moved to the Invoices page.