This guide will go over the following topics:
- 2.1 Selected Form Fields
- 2.2 How to Rearrange Form Fields
- 2.3 How to Remove Form Fields
- 2.4 How to Add Form Fields
- 2.5 How to Edit Form Fields
- 3.1 Contact & Company Fields
- 3.2 Custom Fields
- 3.3 Advanced Fields
- 6.1 Types of Form Notifications
- 6.2 How to Edit Form Notifications
- 6.3 Form Notification Status
- 6.4 How to Enable or Disable Notifications for a Form
1.0 How to Create Forms
- Click on the Forms icon on the left side of the page.
📌 Please note: If there isn't an option for the Forms, it means that the module hasn't been activated in the TIEIT account. To add the Forms module, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the green + FORM button.
- Name your form and click SAVE.
You will be redirected to the Form Editor. To customize the form, please follow the steps below:
2.0 How to Edit Forms
2.1 Selected Form Fields
The right panel is the Selected Form Fields. All fields listed here will be accessible in the form.
By default, the following fields will be preselected:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
2.2 How to Rearrange Form fields
Click and drag a field to the desired location by placing it above, below or in between other fields.
📌 Please note: The position of the fields will be in the same order for the published version.
2.3 How to remove Form Fields
Mouse-over the field and select the bin icon.
📌 Please note: Almost all Form Fields can be edited and removed. The exclusion is the Email field. It cannot be removed as TIEIT requires an email address to add a contact.
2.4 How to add Form Fields
On the left side of the Form Editor are the available form fields that can be added.
Fields can be added to the Form by dragging them to the Selected Form Fields on the right.
Grayed-out fields with the 🚫 symbol are already on the Form, and cannot be added again.
2.5 How to Edit Form Fields
There are additional options for each type of Form Field. To access these options, follow the steps below:
- Mouse-over the field and select the pen icon.
- A window will appear with all the options for the selected Form Field. When the modifications are complete, click the blue SAVE button.
For more information on how to use the Form Field Settings, please see the instructions below:
2.5.1 How to use the Form Field Settings
- Label is the title that will appear in the form above the field. It can be a question or an input request.
- Make This Field Required won't allow the user to submit the form unless that field has been completed.
- Placeholder text will appear in the field.
- Internal Name is how TIEIT will organize the information. In most cases, this will not require modifications.
- Custom Validation Class allows the addition of CSS styling.
- Cancel will exit the settings and return them to their previous state.
- Save will save the applied changes.
3.0 Types of Fields
- 3.1 Contact & Company Fields
- 3.2 Custom Fields
- 3.3 Advanced Fields
3.1 Contact & Company Fields
These Fields are used for typical entries for Contacts and Companies. The available fields for this section are:
📌 Please Note: Form submissions will create contacts with their respective field entries.
3.2 Custom Fields
Custom Fields allow the creation of Fields that can be added to the Form.
3.2.1 Types of Custom Fields
There are seven types of Customs Fields:
📌 Please note: All Custom Field titles, questions, selections and placeholders can be edited in their respective settings.
More information on each Custom Field Type:
The Text Field allows the user to add a text response. The maximum characters allowed can be modified from 10 to 255 characters.
The Date Field allows users to select a date from the calendar dropdown.
The Date Field can be changed to a text input, which only allows numbers.
The user can choose multiple selections. The number of options can be modified.
The user can choose a single selection from the dropdown menu. The number of options can be modified.
The user can select a single radio button. The number of options can be modified.
Description / Paragraph Box
The Description / Paragraph Box allows the user to add a longer text response. The maximum characters allowed can be modified from 1,000 to 32,000 characters.
The user can upload a file by selecting the Choose File button. The maximum file size allowed can be modified from 256 KB to 20 MB.
The file types allowed can be managed in the File Field settings. By default, they're all check on but can be changed as needed. Please see the image below:
3.2.2 How to Create a Custom Field
- Click on the gear icon beside the Custom Fields title.
A new page will open, showing the Custom Fields Settings.
- Select the green + CUSTOM FIELD button.
- In the Field Type dropdown, select the field type.
Depending on the Field Type selected, the settings below the dropdown will adjust.
- Enter the desired settings for your Custom Field, and select the blue SAVE AND CLOSE button.
- The new Custom Field can now be added to any existing form with the Form Editor.
📌 Please Note: You may need to refresh the Form Editor page to see the newly created Custom Field.
3.3 Advanced Fields
There are two types of Advanced Fields:
3.3.1 Address Field
The Address Field allows users to enter a full mailing address or individual sections of an address.
When adding the Address Field to a Form, the following address fields will be shown by default:
- Street Address
- Address Line 2
- Zip Code/Postal Code
To change the available fields, follow the steps below:
3.3.2 How to Change Address Fields
- Mouse-over the Address field and select the pen icon.
- Select which fields will be made available.
- Click the blue SAVE button to confirm the changes.
reCAPTCHA is a standard form tool to verify if a real person is submitting the Form. reCAPTCHA is used to avoid spammers and bots.
The user confirms by clicking inside the 'I'm not a robot' box. If the reCAPTCHA suspects a spammer/bot is submitting the form, it will administer a quick and easy image identification task.
📌 Please note: reCAPTCHA's are best placed at the end of a form before the Submit button.
4.0 How to Preview a Form
To Preview a form in the Form Editor, click the PREVIEW button at the bottom of the page.
Clicking the Preview button opens a new page with a full functioning preview of the form. Entering the fields and submitting the preview form will work the same way as if embedded on a website.
📌 Please Note: Submissions on the preview form will be added to your TIEIT account.
For more information on each Confirmation type and their settings, please see the sections below:
- 5.1 Types of Confirmations
- 5.2 How to set a Confirmation
- 5.3 Managing Confirmations
5.1 Types of Confirmations
The message presented to the user after submitting a form.
The user will be directed to a confirmation page for six seconds, and then redirected to the page where the Form is hosted. The Title confirmation page includes a confirmation message and the company logo. Example below:
The confirmation message can be modified in the settings.
📌 Please note: If a Confirmation isn’t set, Title is selected by default.
5.1.2 Landing Page
Redirect the user to a Landing Page.
📌 Please note: To redirect to a Landing Page, the module must be enabled in the TIEIT account. To add the Landing Page module, please contact us at email@example.com.
Redirect the user to another URL.
5.2 How to set a Confirmation
- Go to the Forms Module, and select the respective Form.
- Select the Confirmations tab.
- Click +Add New Confirmation.
- Enter a Confirmation Name.
- You’ll have the option to choose a confirmation type, each with individual settings:
In the Message field, enter the text that the user will see after submitting the Form.
Landing Page Settings:
In the dropdown menu, select an existing Landing Page. If there isn’t a Landing Page, please refer to our guide: How Can I Create a New Landing Page?
In the Redirect URL field, enter the URL of the website. In the dropdown, select if this action will occur in the Same Window or a New Window.
- Once the settings are complete, click the blue Save button to confirm the changes.
5.3 Managing Confirmations
5.3.1 How to edit an existing Confirmation
- In the same row of the Confirmation, mouse-over the three-dot menu.
- Select the Edit button.
5.3.2 How to manage multiple Confirmations
Only one Confirmation can be set at a time. If there are multiple Confirmations, the active one will be selected by the radio button. To change the selection, select another corresponding radio button.
6.0 Form Notifications
Form notifications are emails sent to the TIEIT account holder when a form is submitted. The Form Notifications Settings allow the option to adjust the frequency or the disabling of from notifications.
6.1 Types of Form Notifications
There are four setting options for from notifications:
- Never - Don’t send emails.
- Instantly - Send emails as soon as possible.
- Periodically - Send an email once an hour.
- Daily - Send emails about once a day.
To change the form notification settings, follow the steps below:
6.2 How to Edit Form Notifications
- Select the user icon at the top-right to initiate the dropdown.
- Click Settings.
- Under Personal Settings, select Notification Settings.
- Within the Form Notifications section, click the pen icon.
- In the dropdown, select the desired notification type.
- Click the blue Save button to confirm.
📌 Please note: If the form notification is enabled, TIEIT users can select which forms to be notified about.
6.3 Form Notification Status
In the Forms module, Forms with notifications enabled will display a green alarm clock logo beside their titles. If there isn’t an alarm clock logo, the notifications are off.
To enable or disable notifications for a form, follow the steps below:
6.4 How to Enable or Disable Notifications for a Form
- In the Forms module, locate the From, and at the right end of the column mouse-over the three-dots.
- In the pop-up menu, select Notify Me to enable notifications or select Disable Notify Me to disable notifications.
The notification status will change once selected.