With TIEIT's import feature you have the flexibility to import your contacts into TIEIT the way you want from your existing software or your own records.
When doing the import in TIEIT here are a few things you can do:
- Map the fields so you can set where your data appears for a contact in TIEIT
- Skip existing records from your CSV
- Overwrite existing data in TIEIT
- Update the data you already have in TIEIT
- Map the data to custom fields
- Map an External Record ID that you use to update your records (if using another system)
Here are the steps for using the Importing feature in TIEIT:
1. Hover over the CRM menu option and select Contacts or from the Top Menu click on Contacts which will open the Contact Grid and click on the 3 dots to the far right of the grid.
Select Import from that list.
2. This will open the Import Screen where you can click on the IMPORT button under 'Import Your CSV Files'.
3. This will open the Upload File screen.
You can either select the file from your computer or drag the CSV into that area.
Tip: If you don't have the TieiT CSV file you can click the 'Download a sample CSV file' in the top right and that will download a copy of the TieiT CSV with the fields that can be read into TieiT. The sample file has one record that will help guide you as to what each column should have in, in terms of formatting.
You can add additional columns to the file and you will see in the next step how they can be mapped in.
Note: At the bottom of the screen you have additional options for the CSV.
- You can set the CSV delimiter.
- You have the ability set how Existing Records are to be handled (Update or Skip).
4. Once you have selected or dragged your file in click on NEXT you will be taken to the Map Fields screen where you can set where the columns in your CSV get mapped to in TIEIT.
On this screen, you can:
- See a brief preview of the first record in your CSV and the data that is going to map (In the brackets under the CSV Field name)
- Select how the fields convert into TieiT. In the drop-downs:
What you see in the drop-down is the option to:
> 'Don't map this field' (which will not read in that column when importing)
> Pick one of the Standard Fields in TIEIT (i.e. First Name, Middle Name, etc)
> If you are pulling this data from another software and you had an ID that was used to identify the contact you can set that field in TieiT in case you still are using the other software and you make updates or add new records you can use the External Record ID (which gets stored in the database) to update the records.
Once you use the External Record ID to store the ID's the next time you do a import you can select to Map the fields by External Record Id (by default Primary Email is used).> Pick Custom Fields (if you have custom field set up in your TIEIT account) to map the data too.Tip: Don't feel like scrolling to find the field, that is okay because you can type your fields name in the field above the listed fields (by default the field you are using the drop-down from will be selected)
- Use the checkbox under Overwrite existing data to overwrite the data in the field that is in TIEIT or if there is new data it will update the field data for the record,
Note: The checkbox to the left of Overwrite existing data is a Check All option.
5. Once you are happy and set with the field mappings you can click on NEXT and continue to use TIEIT as the Import will run in the background and you will receive an email notification with a summary of the import, here are some example of the notifications you could receive,
- If you run in contacts that are new to TIEIT
- If you run contacts that already exist but are just updating the records,
- If you run in the import but some records had problems in them,
Note: That if any records had problems the summary email will attach a CSV with the records that had the problems in them.