What are Sources?
Sources are used to identify how a Contact, Deal or Company got introduced to you. Sources could be your website, lead portals, referrals and more. The utilization of sources will help plan where to invest your marketing initiatives, track ROI and ensure that your budget is being spent on revenue generating and efficient sources of leads. TieiT also offers various automation options to help associate new contacts with the correct source. A company source is independent of a contact source and similarly of a deal source. This allows you to track different sources for various stages of interactions with a lead or Contact to ensure flexibility.
How Do I View my Sources?
To access the main Source listing page, click on CRM. In the top menu item, hover over the 3 dots or the more menu option and click down to Sources. This will open up your Source listing page.
How Do I Create a New Source?
1. To create a new Source, go to the Source listing page and click on the green + SOURCE button in the top right corner.
2. A pop-up will then appear with custom options for you to select from. All the fields (except for Source Name) are optiona;
A. Source Name. This is where you can identify the name of the Source. Whatever you list here will appear in the Contact Listing page and on the Contact Details page.
B. Cost of Lead. This field allows you to indicate how much you are paying for the lead.
C. Cost. Click in the drop-down to select if the cost is per lead or per month.
D. Group. If you wish to associate the Contacts from these Sources to a specific Group automatically, this is where you can indicate what Group or Groups you would like the Contact to be added to.
E. Pipeline. This field allows you to take advantage of TieiT's Deal Automation functionality. By selecting a pipeline from the drop-down, this will automatically create a Deal and assign that Pipeline to any Contact that comes in through that particular Source.
F. Assignee. Use this field to utilize TieiT's Assignee Automation functionality. Select which user/assignee you would like to have all Contacts from this particular Source be assigned to.
G. Parser Email Patterns. This field lets your Contacts from a particular email source or lead portal be automatically added to your TieiT CRM. If you are receiving leads from a particular lead portal or source that sends you an email with the Contact/Lead info, you can utilize TieiT's Lead Parsing feature to have those particular leads be automatically added to your TieiT CRM. Simply, enter in the email address of the sender who sends you the leads by email (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
What is a Direct Source
When a Contact is added manually in the TieiT CRM, the default Source will be shown as 'Direct', however you can modify this.
Changing the Source of a Contact
1. From the Contact Details page, you can easily change the Source of a Contact. On the Contact Card, you will see under the Activity tab a field titled 'Source'. If you hover to the right of the Source name, you will see a small pencil appear. Click on the pencil to allow for you to edit this field and select the Source that you wish to associate this Contact to from the drop-down.
Changing the Source for Multiple Contacts
1. If you are looking to change the Source for multiple Contacts, you can do so using the Contact Grid which you can access by clicking on CRM, and then on Contacts.
2. From the Contact Grid, you will need to select all the Contacts that you wish to change the Source for, by hovering over the circle with the letter to display the checkbox. Once you've checked off one Contact, you will see the check boxes appear for all the Contacts.
3. Once you have selected your Contacts, you will see a light blue bar appear at the top of the Contact Grid.
4. In this light blue action bar, click in the Select Action drop-down to select the 'Change Source' option.
5. This will display a pop-up box for you to select which Source you wish to associate the multiple Contacts to. Once you've selected the Source, click on SAVE.