Activities in TIEIT represent tasks, notes, calls and emails. Activities can be associated with Contacts, Deals or without any association. The activities pop-up has been engineered to improve efficiency with the balance of design to make it easy to navigate. There are a lot of options and this guide will go over all of the functionality.
This guide will go over the following topics
1.0 Activity pop-up overview
1.1 Introducing the new Activity Pop-up Features (Quick Video)
1.2 Navigating the pop-up
The add activity pop-up (window) has a lot of features to help you quickly add information, take action, associate with specific records and other features to make you more efficient.
The Add Note activity is an activity that will show in the timeline. A note activity can be associated to a contact and/or a deal.
A note can also be classified as a pinned note that will be highlighted on the contact record page. The screenshot below will show you how to make a note a pinned note and where it will appear on the contact record page.
Send emails to contacts from this window by clicking on the Compose Email tab.
Adding an activity allows you to add notes related to a contact and/or a deal and specify the type of activity, such as a call, SMS, meeting, task or email.
2.0 Activity Types
Notes about a call can be added under the call activity type.
The unique feature about the call activity type is that it can be indicated if the call is answered or not answered. When adding a call note for a past date and time from when the activity window is launched, there will be options to indicate if the call was answered or not answered.
If a call activity type is scheduled for a future date, the Answered / Not Answered actions will be available from the activity dashboard or the respective record timeline.
If a call is indicated as answered or not answered and notes are added in the description, the notes will appear in the notes section of the audit trail.
SMS type is used to classify the action of sending a note to a contact if it was done through a text message. If the date of the activity is in the past, the option to indicate if the SMS was sent or not will be available.
Once a SMS activity is created for a future date, from the timeline of the respective record, it will have the option to quickly send the SMS.
To send an SMS, you must have the RingCentral feature add-on enabled.
A meeting activity provides the additional functionality of notifying the meeting attendees.
The contents from the description in the activity window along with the scheduled date and time of the meeting will be sent to the guests if notify guests is turned on.
The Task activity type has the following properties. It is often used to track internal tasks that need to be completed and as other activity types can be associated with a contact, deal and assigned to another team member.
An email activity is used to indicate an email was sent to a contact or schedule for the email to be sent for a future date as an activity.
The email activity that is scheduled for a future date will show in the timeline of the respective record or the Activity Dashboard with the option to Send. When Send is pressed, it will give you the option to edit the email and send.
The following shows how a scheduled meeting activity type will appear on the activity dashboard and the respective contact record page with the option to send it.
3.0 Assigning an Activity
Activities can be created for yourself or assigned to another team member. Click on the top right corner of the activity window and select the team member who should be responsible for the activity.
4.0 Associating an Activity to a Contact
Associate to a contact. Activities can be associated to contacts. If the activity is initiated from a contact record page, the contact name will automatically populate. Activities associated to a contact will be visible from that timeline of that contact and related company.
If the Activity window is initiated from a Company or Deal record, the primary contact will be automatically populated. This can be changed by clicking into the contact field.
Also, when an activity is associated to a contact, from the activities dashboard, the contact information will be available. In the following example, when clicking on an activity related to a contact, the side pane brings up contact details, recent interactions and pinned notes that can all be quickly accessed from the activity dashboard.
- When clicking into the contact field, the most recent contact record will appear as a quick selection.
- When an Activity is added from a Company record page, the activity will automatically be associated with the primary contact and can be changed by clicking into the name field.
- Activities can be associated with other contacts even if they are initiated from another contact record page. Remove the contact from the contact field in the activity pop-up by clicking on the x, then search for the other contact you want the activity to be associated with.
5.0 Associating an Activity to a Deal
Use this field to associate the activity to a deal. When a deal is selected, there will also be an option to associate the activity to a specific stage within the deal. This is useful when looking at a deal detail from a pipeline view, so the activity will be available under the respective stage.
After selecting a deal, if the stage needs to be changed, click on the stage name to select the stage the activity should be associated with.
On the Compose Email tab, the deal association option is found on the bottom right of the activity pop-up.
- From a deal detail page, if the activity window is initiated, the deal name and current stage of the deal will automatically populate into the respective fields.
- If a contact is already selected, the Deal drop-down will only show any deals related to that contact.
- Even if you initiate the activity window from a specific deal page, you can add an activity to another deal by selecting any contacts related to the other activity.
When an activity is followed, notifications will be sent to the follower for changes that happen within that activity.
More than one team member can be added as a follower to an activity.
Notifications to followers will be sent when the following events occur to an activity:
- Activity status is changed
- A comment is added to an activity
- An activity description or subject is changed
- The activity due date is changed.
- Any activities that you follow will appear on your activity dashboard.
- If the Follower is turned on and the activity is assigned to another user, you will automatically be added as a follower.
7.0 Activity formatting and other options
Attachment. Add an attachment related to the activity.
Check Availability. Opens a side pane within the activity that will display the availability. Click on a day and time and that will populate as the activity due date. The side pane will show the availability of the person who the activity is assigned to.
This feature allows you to maximize the TIEIT scheduling calendar to ensure that scheduled activities do not collide with other activities on yours and your team member's agenda.
Merge tags. Insert merge tags into an email or activity that will populate the data once the activity is saved or email is sent. Add a fallback to allow TIEIT to handle scenarios where data is not available for that respective contact.
Formatting bar. When this icon is toggled on, the formatting bar will show providing content formatting optionsContent formatting options.
The compose email offers additional features in the activity pop-up.
Schedule email. Schedule to send emails at a later time. It is a great productivity and time saving feature that allows you to have emails written and scheduled to be sent at a later time when the contact may be more responsive.
The red dot on the schedule email icon and the highlighted background ( ) indicates the email is scheduled to be sent at a later date and time.
To clear the schedule, click on the schedule email icon and click on the x icon.
Track the email. Turning this on will track if the recipient opens the email. It will also track if there were any links in the email that were clicked.
- Track email cannot be turned on if multiple recipients (CC and BCC) are added to the email. This ensures accuracy of the reporting.
- If the recipient opens the email as a plain text or does not load any images, tracking information will not be available.
- Tracking uses the use of web beacons that send information back to TIEIT. The recipient must be notified that tracking is on and their consent must be provided based on local legislation's.
Saved response. Saved responses can be inserted into an email by clicking on save icon in the toolbar () and selecting the saved response from the right pane. Saved responses are available in a folder view based on the category they are associated with.
My Schedule. This feature offers a quick way to access TIEIT scheduling links and provides the option to insert the link as a text link or a button.
This is one example of how TIEIT helps you be more efficient by being able to quickly insert your scheduling link to send to your clients to book an appointment on your availability calendar.
- Click on the arrow of the button to switch between inserting a text link or a button.
- On the side pane, use the search bar to search through the available scheduling calendars.
- Click on an availability calendar before inserting the link.
- To close the My Schedule side pane, click on the My Schedule icon or the blue arrow.
My Signature. Insert your email signature into the email. If a signature is defined in your Personal Settings, it will auto-insert but if the contents is cleared, this quick action button will make it easy to insert the calendar.
8.0 Do not block the time in scheduling
Toggling this on will ensure that the activity being scheduled does not block the time slot from your TIEIT scheduling calendar. If the toggle is not turned on and an activity is scheduled, then that time will not be available for your clients to book a meeting with you.
- The Do not block the time in scheduling option is not available for SMS and Email activity types.
- From your Account Preferences, you can also define what your default preference should be when creating an activity (if this should be toggled on or off).